School Counselor/Social Worker
Boston College is seeking professionals to implement the City Connects practice within our schools. City Connects, a school-based collaboration among the Boston Public School, community agencies, and Boston College, is reinvigorating a core function of schools by implementing an innovative model of systemic student support. City Connects assesses the strengths and needs of each student in the school and connects students with a tailored set of supports and resources from inside and outside the school. Boston College seeks a full-time City Connects Coordinator to fill a leadership position at a participating Boston Public School. The role of the Coordinator is to use the clinical skills acquired through graduate school and experience to support the systematic student support model in the school. The responsibilities include:
- Assess each student's strengths and challenges across four domains including academics, health, social emotional/behavioral and family and develop individual plans for each child.
- Connect students to a range of prevention, early intervention and intensive services programs that address the physical, emotional, cognitive, and social development of each student.
- Conduct student interest surveys and connect students to a variety of enrichment opportunities.
- Identify gaps in services available to the school, engaging school staff and community partners to facilitate the development of additional resources.
- Perform direct service with students, predominantly with those who need Tier 2 level of support (small groups, check-in/check-out, etc).
- Establish and lead a Student Support team and process in the school that identifies and responds to the strengths and personal developmental needs of each and every child in the school.
- Develop and enhance partnerships with varied community agencies to meet the identified needs of students, families, and the school.
- Collaborate with school staff, including classroom teachers, to implement the City Connects model.
- Promote the City Connects model of student support to the school community, families and community agencies.
- Engage families and caregivers by capitalizing on their knowledge and supporting their familiarity with ways to enhance student outcomes by addressing development strengths and needs across social/emotional, health, and other domains.
- Collect data on the implementation of the model and the delivery of services to help inform the practice.
- Master’s degree in School Counseling or Social Work
- Licensed School Counselor, Licensed Pupil Adjustment Counselor, or Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LCSW / LICSW)
- Experience working in a school environment
- Evidence of culturally competent practices
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse staff, a diverse student body and families, as well as a team of professionals at both the school and the university
- Experience in urban public schools
- Fluency in a second language
- Experience with an organization that uses data to guide practice
Hiring package includes competitive salary and benefits package.
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and contact information to City Connects Recruiting.